- 11/22/2020 – Our Executive Director, Mike Horner, appeared on Law Call on 13WMAZ with Marty Senn, an attorney at the law firm of Reynolds, Horne & Survant. Mr. Horner answered people’s legal questions and talk about our organization. You can watch the video here.
- 11/19/2020 – Our Board member, Tomieka Daniel, is the recipient of the inaugural Mercer Black Law Student Association Alumni of the Year Award.
- 10/30/2020 – Our Board member, Connie Williford, was sworn in as the newest Judge in Bibb County Superior Court! Click here for pictures and video of the event.
- 8/26/2020 – Charles Richardson joins the Board of Directors for Middle Georgia Justice.
- 7/30/2020 – Georgia Court Journal’s interview with our Executive Director regarding our operations, and how we are dealing with the impacts of Covid.
- 6/9/2020 – (ret.) Judge Bill Adams, our founder and Board President, was named to the Judicial Council Ad Hoc Committee on Improving Community Access to Legal Resources. For more information on the important work of this committee, click here.
- 5/29/2020 – Our Board member Veronica McClendon became the President of the Macon Bar Association. Also, Connie Williford, another one of our outstanding board members, was presented with the Lawyer of the Year Award by the Macon Bar Association. On July 19, the Telegraph did an excellent article on Ms. Williford and her receipt of this award.
- 2/1/2020 – We officially opened our https://www.mgajustice.org/self-help-center/ and began seeing patrons and helping them fill out the family law court forms.
- 1/16/2020 – We held our first official volunteer recognition event. We plan to make this an annual event, as it is important to us that we recognize and celebrate those attorneys and law students that make our work possible. Click here to see a few pictures of the event.
- 10/3/2019 – We held our 1st Annual “A Taste for Justice” fundraising event at The Society Garden. Click here to see a copy of our event program, as well as pictures of our exciting event!