- 1/15/2021 – MGJ President Bill Adams appeared on a panel at the January Zoom meeting of the Macon Bar Association. The topic for the panel was “Taking Care of Our Community: Exploring Pro Bono Legal Challenges Presented by the COVID-19 Pandemic.” The other panelists were Rick Rufolo and Shannon Mills from GLSP, Rick Waller from the Public Defender’s Office, and Jamie Boren from the Crisis Line & Safe House. During the program, panelists were asked to address the call to public service placed upon attorneys by Rule 6.1 of the Rules of Professional Conduct and specific ways that participants can support our local public service agencies in response to that call. Adams talked about MGJ’s Justice Brigade as one way local lawyers can sign up to volunteer their time to help citizens who cannot afford the legal assistance they need.
- 12/21/2020 – We finalized and released our Second Annual “A Taste For Justice” fundraiser, which was a virtual event this year due to the pandemic.
- 12/1/2020 – Our first ever Staff Attorney, Karin Vinson, started with us. Karin comes to us with a wealth of experience in real estate, probate, and family law.
- 11/22/2020 – Our Executive Director, Mike Horner, appeared on Law Call on 13WMAZ with Marty Senn, an attorney at the law firm of Reynolds, Horne & Survant. Mr. Horner answered people’s legal questions and talk about our organization. You can watch the video here.
- 11/19/2020 – Our Board member, Tomieka Daniel, is the recipient of the inaugural Mercer Black Law Student Association Alumni of the Year Award.
- 10/30/2020 – Our Board member, Connie Williford, was sworn in as the newest Judge in Bibb County Superior Court! Click here for pictures and video of the event.
- 8/26/2020 – Charles Richardson joins the Board of Directors for Middle Georgia Justice.
- 7/30/2020 – Georgia Court Journal’s interview with our Executive Director regarding our operations, and how we are dealing with the impacts of Covid.
- 6/9/2020 – (ret.) Judge Bill Adams, our founder and Board President, was named to the Judicial Council Ad Hoc Committee on Improving Community Access to Legal Resources. For more information on the important work of this committee, click here.
- 5/29/2020 – Our Board member Veronica McClendon became the President of the Macon Bar Association. Also, Connie Williford, another one of our outstanding board members, was presented with the Lawyer of the Year Award by the Macon Bar Association. On July 19, the Telegraph did an excellent article on Ms. Williford and her receipt of this award.
- 2/1/2020 – We officially opened our https://www.mgajustice.org/self-help-center/ and began seeing patrons and helping them fill out the family law court forms.
- 1/16/2020 – We held our first official volunteer recognition event. We plan to make this an annual event, as it is important to us that we recognize and celebrate those attorneys and law students that make our work possible. Click here to see a few pictures of the event.
- 10/3/2019 – We held our 1st Annual “A Taste for Justice” fundraising event at The Society Garden. Click here to see a copy of our event program, as well as pictures of our exciting event!